IAC Center Calendar
IAC Center Counseling Support:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-737-8750 for more information or to sign up for a group. All IAC Center Groups are professionally led. Fee per session is either $75 or $60. Couples are billed as one member as our way of encouraging both partners to attend.
IAC Center Counseling Support
IAC Center Groups:
All IAC Center Groups are professionally led. Fee per session is either $75 or $60.
Pre-Adoptive Parents Support Groups - meet once a month Couples are billed as one member as our way of encouraging both partners to attend.
Pennington - New Group starting in September. Please contact: email@example.com or 609-737-8750 to let us know which of these times you prefer:
Montclair - Sunday 10 to 11:30 A.M. - Second Sunday of month.
Adoptive Parents Support Groups - meet once a month
- International Adoptive Mom's Group - Fourth Sunday of the month from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
New York City
- Adoptive Parents Group - Tuesday 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Second Tuesday of month
Kids and Teens Adoption Groups - meet once a month from September through June. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-737-8750 to schedule an interview now to discuss whether a group is right for your child.
- Kids (Ages 7 to 9) - Sunday 1:00 - 2:15 p.m. Fourth Sunday of month
- Tween Girls (Ages 11 to 13) - Sunday 1 - 2:15 p.m. Third Sunday of month
- Summer Teen Adoption Workshop (ages 12 to 15) - Sunday July 20, 2014
- Teen Group - Sunday 2:30 - 3:45 p.m. Fourth Sunday of the month
NEW Adult Adoption Group - starting September 2014 in Pennington.
Contact email@example.com or 609-737-8750 if you are interested or would like to learn more about any of the groups.
IAC Center Workshops
- Baby Care for Adoptive Parents
- Saturday, September 20, 2014-NYC
- Private Baby Care classes are available as well
- IAC Center Baby Care Workshops are accepted by many adoption agencies for home study credits. Check with your agency. Certificates provided upon email request to JMantellmsw@iaccenter.com
- Integrative Parenting: Strategies for Promoting Self-Regulation in Children
Please contact Emily Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-737-8750 for information about continuing education credits for social workers.
- Therapeutic Writing
Click on the links for full workshop descriptions and registration; or contact email@example.com or 609-737-8750. IAC Center Workshops are accepted by some adoption agencies for home study credits.
FYI Special Events:
8th Biennial Adoption Initiative Conference Sleeping Giants in Adoption: Power, Privilege, Politics, and Class. May 29-31, St. John's University, Queens, NY.
Forever Families Weekend - for Jewish Families Touched by Adoption June 6-8, 2014. Camps Cedar Lake and Nah-Jee-Wah in Milford, Pennsylvania. Adoption-specific workshops for parents and for children will be facilitated by Forever Families Weekend Founder/Director and 2010 Angel in Adoption Award winner Debbie Schwartz, along with other adoption professionals including Joni Mantell, LCSW, Director of IAC Center. Enjoy the camp facilities, including the high and low ropes adventure courses, boating, swimming, arts For more information about this program, contact Debbie Schwartz at (914) 656-5308 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A downloadable flyer describing the program can be found at http://njycamps.org/families/NJY_flyer.pdf.
Family Yoga, Pre-natal Yoga: See: www.carriedejesus.com and http://liveyogalovelife.com/
See NYARCH website Events Page
See Adoptive Families Magazine Events Page
Reservations are required for all IAC Center groups and workshops as space is limited. Counseling fees are usually partially insurance reimbursable. For sign up or further information phone 609-737-8750 or email email@example.com to receive monthly newsletter.
to receive upcoming workshop information